Jason L. Satterly
Jason L. Satterly is a partner with Hilbert & Satterly LLP. He practices in the areas of real estate litigation, business and civil litigation, and title insurance. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Satterly was formerly a partner at Andersen Hilbert & Parker LLP where his practice focused on business and real estate litigation. Before that, he was an associate with Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP’s Business and Real Estate Group, where his practice focused on business, real estate and general civil litigation.
Jason L. Satterly is a partner with Hilbert & Satterly LLP. He practices Mr. Satterly grew up outside Lexington, Kentucky, and currently resides in San Diego, California with his wife (also an attorney) and three young children. Mr. Satterly also enjoys coaching Little League Baseball and riding motorcycles on both street and dirt terrains.
Areas Of Practice
- Real Property Law
- Contract Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Business Transactions
- California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - May, 2005
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Law Review – Staff Writer & Literary Editor
- Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Kentucky
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2002
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Philosophy
- Major: Speech Communication
- Minor: Alternative Dispute Resolution
- California Easements & Boundaries: Law and Litigation (Co-author), California Continuing Education of the Bar, 2008
- Obtained successful defense verdict for large title insurance and escrow company in two week jury trial of dispute involving millions of dollars in claims arising from mixed-use development in downtown San Diego.
- Obtained judgment in excess of $24 million in three week jury trial of partnership dispute arising from one of the largest land development companies in the western United States.
- Arbitrated legal malpractice claims exceeding $15 million against one of the largest business litigation firms in the country.
- Defended lender in bench trial concerning authority of corporate agent to bind large, privately-held real property acquisition and management firm to commercial private-money loan.
- Mr. Satterly represents some of the largest title insurance underwriters, title companies, escrow companies, financial institutions and loan servicers in the United States
- Mr. Satterly has repeatedly been selected by the nation's largest group of title companies and title insurance underwriters to mock try several multi-million dollar cases to assist in trial preparations and settlement negotiations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego County Bar Association, 2005 - Present
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers of San Diego, 2013 - Present
- Continuing Education of the Bar Young Lawyer's Advisory Committee, Past Member
- St. Paul's Retirement Homes Foundation, Board Member
- St. Paul's Senior Homes and Services, Bylaws Committee, Member and Current Chair
- St. Paul's Senior Homes and Services, Redevelopment Committee, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Andersen Hilbert & Parker, LLP, Partner
- Kimball, Tirey & St. John, LLP, Associate Attorney